DERKEMP MAT L3 is an alkaline degreaser formulated for industrial washing of steel parts in automatic jet, ultrasonic or tunnel.
- It is particularly suitable to be used in spray systems, in rotating basket equipments or in the tank by immersion.
- It is a low foam product, it does not foam even under strong turbulence.
- The product can be used for both alkaline degreasing and as a pre-treatment prior to the phosphating process.
- It can also be used with high hardness water (up 45°F) without creating particular problems of deposits or scaling.
- It finds optimal applications also as detergent in pressure washers and ultrasonic cleaners.
METHODS OF USE
Derkemp Mat L3 is generally used at variable concentrations ranging from 1 to 5% in water according to the type of contamination to be removed and operating conditions. Use the solutions in tunnelwash systems or part-washing machines as indicated, at variable temperatures between 40º-70ºC for times that range from 3 to 15 minutes.
Do not use on aluminium, copper and relative alloys.
The product can be easily titrated and it is essential to maintain the baths at the proper concentration. Extract 10 ml of solution and introduce them in a flask. Add 10 ml of distilled water and two drops of phenolphthalein. Titrate with 0.1 N Hydrochloric acid until the purple colour disappears. The product concentration in the solution can be traced by the number of ml of Acid used:
% Derkemp Mat L3 = 0.31 x ml of